Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

11 February 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Books That Will Make You Swoon

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Lately I've seen some other book bloggers being quite enthusiastic about this weekly meme, so I decided to join in with the fun and try it out myself as well!
 
 
Top Ten Books That Will Make You Swoon
 
Today's Top Ten Tuesday focuses on swoonworthy reads; those books that manage to get a complete hold on you, with a particular storyline or hero that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I'm a hopeless romantic myself, so I can't ever get enough of a good old-fashioned love story. Here are ten books I'd definitely recommend if you are looking for something that will not fail to make you swoon!

 



Stephenie Meyer - The 'Twilight' series

I know not everyone is a fan of this particular series, but I can't help it, I straight away fell in love with Bella and Edward's love story. It's amazing to see how in love they are with one another and can't seem to stay away from each other. Especially the first two books of the series are brilliant reads, and deserve a place in this top ten.




Jane Austen - 'Pride and Prejudice'
Undoubtedly one of the best classic love stories of all time has to be Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice.' The leading man in this particular book, Mr. Darcy, always manages to make my heart beat a bit faster, and I can never get enough of this tale!  


Nicholas Sparks - 'The Notebook'
When talking about some of the best love stories of all time, I can't possibly leave this one out. Nicholas Sparks is one of my favourite authors and his love stories never disappoint. 'The Notebook' has to be one of my favourities, because I think all romance lovers out there can't help but shed a tear while getting immersed in Allie and Noah's tale.




Emily Giffin - 'Something Borrowed'
I actually first saw the film version of 'Something Borrowed', starring Ginnifer Goodwin and Kate Hudson, and I absolutely loved it. Of course this resulted in me reading the book and I loved it just as much. I'm all against cheating and am quite principled when it comes to things like that, but Emily Giffin managed to make me start rooting for Rachel and Dex, no matter what. 





Nicholas Sparks - 'The Lucky One'
I know, another Nicholas Sparks novel... I can't help it! When I think of books that make me swoon, 'The Lucky One' has to make the list. U.S. Marine Logan, who is stationed in Iraq, finds a picture of a smiling young woman he doesn't know and that picture becomes his lucky charm. When he is back home, he decides to go on a search to find her. Even though this is once again a truly captivating Sparks romance, there is another reason that makes this novel swoonworthy: the fact that Zac Efron plays Logan in the film version!  




Suzanne Collins - 'The Hunger Games'
In the first book of the popular Hunger Games series, the reader is introduced to Katniss and Peeta, and we quickly learn that Peeta has been in love with Katniss for a long time. It's such a sweet story and I love how their friendship is explored and develops because of the particular cirumstances they find themselves in. In this particular instance, I think that the book is definitely a lot better than the film and really managed to take me on a rollercoaster ride of emotions.



Carole Matthews - 'A Cottage by the Sea'
One of the last books I remember reading in which I instantly developed a crush on one of the male characters is Carole Matthews' novel 'A Cottage by the Sea.' It's a lovely summery chick lit read which stars a hunky hero named Noah. I loved him and the book and immediately thought of this when thinking about books that made me swoon.



Ali McNamara - 'From Notting Hill With Love... Actually'
A definite chick lit classic and a must-read for anyone who loves romantic comedies like 'Notting Hill' and 'Love Actually.' The heroine of this novel, Scarlett, is easy to relate to and just a lovely character, but it is the male lead, Sean, who completely captured my heart. His romantic gestures are simply brilliant and 100% swoonworthy!


Lindsey Kelk - 'I Heart...' series
Lindsey Kelk's 'I Heart...' series is another must-read for any chick lit fan which stars a lovely male hero in the form of Alex Reid, a singer in a popular band. His relationship with Angela, the leading lady in this series, is just amazing and I think many of us secretly long for a guy like Alex in our lives to sweep us off our feet! 



Jane Austen - 'Persuasion'
And another classic romance tale to finish this top ten with: Jane Austen's 'Persuasion.' Not one of Austen's most popular novels, but definitely one with a fantastic love story at its centre. The romance between Anne and Frederick is one that will make you sigh and perhaps even shed a tear of happiness.







 

2 comments:

  1. Pride and Prejudice is just lovely <3 Your blog is the cutest thing EVER!!!
    Happy reading
    Jackie
    http://nobentspines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nicholas Sparks ... he kills me! I loved The Lucky One, I think I read the whole thing in a day! &&I know it's really more about the content than the cover, but I so love those Jane Austen Penguin editions. I could almost just swoon over them!

    Here's my swoon worthy reads, if you'd like to take a look!

    ReplyDelete