Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

18 April 2014

Book Tag: Reading Habits

I've been looking around for more fun things to add to my book blog and I love the idea behind book tags/surveys. It's a great way to have a bit of fun while answering all kinds of questions and at the same time it provides me with an opportunity to introduce myself to other bloggers and readers, and to get to know a bit more about fellow bloggers! I found this particular book tag on Youtube the other day and thought it would be nice to put on my blog as well! :)

1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I don't have one specific place at home for reading, but this mainly has to do with the fact that I try to sneak in a bit of reading time whenever I can. I have a book with me while watching television so I can read during the commercial breaks; in the kitchen so I can read when I'm waiting for the water to boil or the food to get ready; in bed before I go to sleep. However, if I really have the time to sit down with a book, I always sit in this comfy chair near the window in the living room, because it has the best light and is just a great chair to read in!

2. Bookmark or random piece of paper?
It used to be a random piece of paper, and it still is if I don't have a bookmark with me, but I prefer using a bookmark. I have a magnetic one at the moment with a pretty picture of a large country house on it, but I'm always on the look-out for new ones.

3. Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop after a chapter or certain number of pages?
I definitely prefer to stop reading after a chapter, but this isn't always possible. I also sometimes set myself specific goals, for example telling myself I have to read at least 100 pages while travelling to work on the train. But sometimes I just have to stop reading all of a sudden, and it isn't really a problem; I can usually get back into the story quite quickly, thankfully!

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I almost never eat while reading; I just don't think it's very handy and I don't want weird smudges of food on the pages of my novels! I do prefer reading with a cup of tea, so usually I have a drink.

5. Do you watch tv or listen to music while reading?
I prefer not to, because I find it difficult to focus on a book if I hear songs I know or annoying sounds from television shows; I can get quite frustrated by it, haha!

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Definitely one at a time; I don't know what it is, but I really can't read several books at once!

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! I always carry a book with me in my bag, wherever I go.

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
Usually silently in my head, but I also like to read out loud every now and again, whenever I'm alone in a room.

9. Do you ever read ahead or skip pages?
Sometimes I can't control my curiousity and read ahead, but I try not to!

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
I prefer keeping it like new, it's prettier, but breaking the spine shows that the book has been read and loved, and that's also a good sign, of course!

11. Do you write in your books?
No, I don't. Sometimes I think I'd like to just write my name and the date on which I bought the book in my books, but I've never really pushed myself to start doing that.. Perhaps in the future!

The 4 bloggers I'd like to tag are:

Megan @ Reading in the Sunshine
Laura @ She Loves to Read
Jenny @ Jenny in Neverland
Becca @ Becca's Books

No comments:

Post a Comment