Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

2 May 2014

The Book Blogger 'Get To Know Me' Tag!

Another book tag, yay! As I mentioned before, I love book tags, so I'm really happy the lovely Laura over at She Loves to Read tagged me to do this super fun book tag in order to get to know each other a bit better!

Tell us five random facts about you. 
  • I’m ¾ Dutch and ¼ Welsh, and it’s particularly the ¼ Welsh which I’m incredibly proud of. My grandmother was Welsh, and since I’ve been a little girl I’ve been spending lots of time in Wales and other parts of the UK. I absolutely love it there and it feels like home, more than the Netherlands does.

  • I went to university and have 1 Bachelor’s degree in English Language and Culture, 1 Master’s degree in Western Literature and Culture, and a Research Master’s degree in Literary Studies. I love books and I love researching literature, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to find a job within this particular field when the economic crisis hit. I now have a job doing something completely different, but I sincerely hope I will be able to do what I love with all my heart one day... Fingers crossed!
  •     I’m quite a girly-girl when it comes to clothing: I almost always wear dresses, preferably ones with cute patterns, flowers, skirts I can twirl around in. I used to work in a supermarket where I was forced to wear jeans, so I’m glad I have a more formal job now where it’s okay to dress up!


  •     I’m a true sucker for anything romantic. I adore love stories and I always want stories to have a happy ending in one way or another. That’s also how I picked the name for my blog: A Spoonful of Happy Endings (which is also a reference to Mary Poppins, one of my favourite films of all time!
  •     I’m a really big Jane Austen fan. I love her six novels and collect almost anything that is in a way related to her or her work.

When is your birthday?
The 27th of May. I’m not a big fan of birthdays, even though I love presents and cake, like most people, haha. I just never feel like really celebrating my birthday by having a party and I also never take the day off because it’s my birthday. It’s just another day!

What is your favourite colour?
I know this is supposed to be a simple question, but it’s a question I always answer differently or don’t answer at all! I guess I don’t really have one specific colour I love the most. I really like pink, but at the same time I also love royal blue, emerald green, ochre yellow... So, I honestly can’t pick just one!

What is your favourite memory?
All the memories I have of the holidays I spent at my grandparents’ house in the Gower, in the South of Wales. They used to have this amazing house, right next to the beach, and I had some of the best and happiest times of my life there: playing in the garden, waking up really early to watch CBBC, building sand castles on the beach, going shopping with my mum, taking walks with my dad, helping my nanna in the kitchen... I’d do anything to go back to those days.




Describe a day in your life.
Well, on an average weekday I get up at 6:15 and leave the house at about 6:45 to catch my train to work (I have a full-time job working as a policy officer within the field of education). It’s a 2-hour commute to get to my office building, which I always spent reading. You could say I have a typical desk job, so I spent most of my time sitting behind a computer. Occasionally I have meetings in other cities, which means I get to travel around the country a bit every now and again! At the end of my day, generally somewhere between 17:00 and 17:30, I get on the train again and I’m usually home around 19:00. My lovely boyfriend usually makes sure dinner is ready as soon as I get home, so then we have dinner together and spend the rest of the evening being lazy and watching telly, unless we have other things planned, such as dinner with friends.

Name five of your favourite songs.
Hmmmm, I have to pick 5 good ones! *rubs chin*

Phil Collins – Can’t Hurry Love
Busted – You Said No
The Beatles – Let It Be
Taylor Swift – Red
The Beach Boys – God Only Knows

If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I think I’d have to go for Italian in general, because I couldn’t possibly choose between pizza or pasta. I love both, yummmm, SO good!


What is something you really dislike?
Spiders. I hate spiders, from the really tiny ones to the incredibly scary larger ones, and I’m really scared of them. Next to that, I really dislike conceited people and people who take credit for other people’s work.

Summer or winter?
I have to go with winter, because winter means Christmas, my favourite time of the year! I’m not a big fan of warm weather, so while I love a nice Spring day with lots of sunshine, I’m not really the summer type.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where you would live and why?
I’d like a lovely cottage or pretty country house somewhere in Wales or England, close to the beach, somewhere slightly in the middle of nowhere but not too far from a big city. I’ve always wanted to live in the UK, so having a beautiful house there would be a dream come true!

Name five of your favourite films.
Just five?! I love all romantic comedies and chick flicks, so it’s difficult to name just 5 favourite films. Alright, here we go: Love Actually, Mary Poppins, Notting Hill, The Wizard of Oz, Grease. 



If you won the lottery what would you buy?
I’d immediately give up my job and buy that amazing house in the UK (with a large library in it!) I just talked about! I’d also probably go on a nice, long holiday, just to get away from it all for a bit. Oh, and I’d definitely give a large part of the money to my parents, because they deserve it!

Favourite day of the week?
It has to be either Friday (because it’s the start of the weekend) or Sunday (because it’s always a lazy day I usually spent blogging and reading, which I love!).

What three things would you take to a desert island with you?
My favourite book, my boyfriend, and a lamp with a genie in it who can grant me three wishes, so I could get out of there if I really wanted to!


Sweet or savoury?
Savoury, even though I looooove home-made goods like cookies, cheesecake, brownies… But at the end of the day, I’d have to go for savoury!

Early bird or night owl?
Early bird, definitely. I love getting out of bed early and making something of my day. I can't stay up too late because I just get really sleepy. 

Name five of your favourite books. 
Once again, it's difficult to only name five!

Louisa May Alcott - 'Little Women'
J.K. Rowling - 'Harry Potter' series
Nicholas Sparks - 'A Walk to Remember'
Jane Austen - 'Pride and Prejudice'
Emily Giffin - 'Something Borrowed'

Favourite drink?
Chai Latte, yummm!


Favourite animal?
At the moment, I'm just a tiny bit in love with Boo the pomeranian. He's just the cutest dog EVER, and I'm not a big fan of dogs at all, but I just want to take this one and hug him all day long, I can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment