Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

2 September 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table

This week's Top Ten Tuesday is quite a fun one and definitely a top 10 I would never have come up with myself! The idea of a specific lunch table at school is not something I ever really experienced (I guess it just wasn't really like that at my secondary school), but I really liked thinking of characters who would sit at my lunch table if I had one. I look forward to seeing other people's lists, so be sure to leave a comment to this post and share your own top 10!



1. Mary Poppins



I love Mary Poppins and I'd definitely want her at my lunch table because of two reasons: 1) She's a great cook so she would be able to bring yummy lunch snacks for our lunch table, 2) She has a great bag in which she can fit anything, so she could bring a whole collection of books with her we could discuss during lunch!




2. Hermione Granger from the 'Harry Potter' series



Hermione is just as much of a geek/good girl/book lover as I am, so I have no doubt we would get along. She definitely deserves a spot at my lunch table.




3. Jo March from 'Little Women'



Jo March has been one of my favourite literary characters since I was a little girl and I've always loved her, so I couldn't leave her out of this top 10! 




4. Rachel White from 'Something Borrowed'



'Something Borrowed' is an amazing book and I've always loved the character of Rachel. I think she and I would really get along, so I'd like her at my lunch table as well. 




5. Lizzie Spellman from 'It Had to Be You'



'It Had to Be You' is one of my most recent chick lit reads and I absolutely loved it. Lizzie is a great and funny heroine and I'd love to be friends with her.




6. Ben Gilbert from 'You're the One That I Want'



Of course I also need a guy or two at my table, so I decided to pick Ben from Giovanna Fletcher's 'You're the One That I Want'. He's handsome, funny and just a great and trustworthy guy... Perfect!




7. Jane Hayes from 'Austenland'



As a big Jane Austen fan, I need someone with whom I can talk about this particular topic. Who better than Jane Hayes from 'Austenland', who loves anything having to do with Austen as much as I do?




8. Claudia from 'The Twelve Dates of Christmas'



Lisa Dickenson is an amazing and incredibly funny author and I just had to pick one of her heroines to join me at my lunch table (I would have picked Lisa herself, but unfortunately she's not a book character). 




9. Fitzwilliam Darcy from 'Pride and Prejudice'



I think Ben needs another man to keep him company, so why not go with one of the most romantic male characters of all time?




10. Landon Brinkley from 'Party Girl'

I loved 'Party Girl', mainly because of the amazing main character, Landon. She sounds like a great girl, and someone who knows how to organise a fabulous party, which could come in handy!

I'd love to hear about your lunch table picks!

7 comments:

  1. Love your choices! I thought about Marry Poppins and then decided not to include her but I'm glad I see her on someone else's list. :) I also thought about Jo March. There were just too many good choices!
    http://youmeandacupofteablog.blogspot.com/2014/09/top-ten-book-characters-that-would-be.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Louis! And I have to agree with you, there were simply too many good choices for this week's top 10! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  2. I think every person would have Hermione at his or her lunch table.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How could I possibly forgotten to include Mary Poppins. I am such a huge fan of that story, I feel like such a fail of a Fangirl right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, haha, I don't mind sharing her! ;) Thanks for stopping by, Emma! :)

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, Emily Giffin's latest release is definitely on my to-read list but I haven't had the chance to check it out yet! Did you enjoy it??

    Thanks for sharing and for stopping by, Caitlin! :)

    ReplyDelete