Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

21 December 2014

The Christmas Carol Book Tag!

Time for some more Christmas fun! I wasn't actually tagged in the Christmas Carol Book Tag (found on Always Me), but I found it while browsing other book blogs and it looked like a fun set of questions to get into the festive spirit! 

1. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Name a villainous character you can't help but love to hate.
Miss Havisham from Charles Dickens' 'Great Expectations' (you can't not hate her after how she breaks poor Pip's heart), Mr. Collins from Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' (who is really funny but incredibly infuriating at the same time), and Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series (oh god, don't even get me started on her!).

2. All I Want For Christmas Is You - What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
Definitely 'Jane Austen: Cover to Cover', a book filled with covers of Jane Austen's books over the years. It looks so stunning and I can't wait to have a copy in my hands!

3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Name a favorite character that had to overcome a major obstacle.  Why are they your favorite?
I think I have to go with quite a cliched answer here and say Harry Potter. Everything he had to go through in the entire book series is just amazing and such an emotional rollercoaster; I don't think any other book can come even close to that.

4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Which characters do you think are at the top of Santa's "nice" and "naughty" list?
Jane Bennet from Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' is definitely at the top of the nice list, while her sister Lydia will most likely top the naughty list. Another character on the naughty list is Miranda Priestly, the boss from hell from 'The Devil Wears Prada'. I still have the second book to read, though, but I don't doubt she will still belong on the naughty list at the end of that one!

5. Frosty the Snowman - What book just melts your heart?
Any Nicholas Sparks love story; they never let me down and always melt my heart.

6. Feliz Navidad - Your favorite book that takes place in a country other than you own.
Almost every single book takes place in a country other than my own (the Netherlands), haha! I'd have to go for Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' which is set in a lovely small town in England.

7. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - What book do you read to get in the Christmas spirit?
Lisa Dickenson's 'The Twelve Dates of Christmas' was my favourite Christmas read of 2013 and the first Christmas novel I read this year to get into the festive spirit and it definitely did the trick. The holiday cheer is heavily present in this book and it never fails to make me laugh; one of my all-time Christmas favourites!

8. Sleigh Ride - What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
I'd love to spend the holidays with Mr. Darcy at Pemberley, simply because I'd love to see Pemberley at Christmas time with big Christmas trees and lights everywhere... I think it'd be amazing. However, I also would love to celebrate Christmas at Hogwarts for one year.


9. Baby It's Cold Outside - First things first, I cannot stand this song! - What book do you hate so much you'd sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
Hate is a really strong word, but I really really really disliked 'The Great Gatsby', I never understood why so many people think it's a wonderful literary classic. I also really didn't like 'Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close' and would definitely throw a copy into the fire to stay warm, haha.

10. Do You Hear What I Hear? - What book would you recommend to everyone?
I think it's really difficult to find a book to recommend to absolutely everyone, because people have such different tastes and I don't think there's anything EVERYONE enjoys. However, the book series that comes closest would have to be 'Harry Potter', because I do think this has something for everyone in it, because it deals with so many topics and issues and is just incredibly well-written and captivating.

No comments:

Post a Comment