Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

16 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books On My TBR for Summer 2015

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top Ten Books On My TBR for Summer 2015

Summer is almost here! We haven't had too many sunny days over here in the Netherlands yet, but I can't wait to have some time off from work and spend some lazy summer days with my nose hidden in a book. Luckily, my TBR-list is only growing and growing, so I have quite a lot of reads planned for the summer months of 2015. Check out some of the titles which I definitely want to pick up this summer below and be sure to leave a comment to share some of your own upcoming reads! :)



1. Ali McNamara - 'From Notting Hill with Four Weddings... Actually'



I just CAN'T believe I still haven't read this book yet! I'm so ashamed, because I love love love Ali McNamara's works and her 'From Notting Hill...' series is one of my absolute favourites. This is at the absolute top of my summer 2015 TBR-list and I WILL have read it before the end of the summer!



2. Shannon Hale - 'Midnight in Austenland'



I read Shannon Hale's 'Austenland' and saw the film, and I loved both versions. I am really curious about the sequel and think it will make a great summer read.



3. Kiera Cass - 'The Selection'



I've read both really possitive and really negative reviews about Kiera Cass' 'The Selection.' I'm still really curious and plan on definitely picking up this book this summer to decide for myself what to think of it.



4. Jojo Moyes - 'Me Before You'



Don't think I am actually allowed to call myself a true chick lit/women's fiction fan without having read 'Me Before You', so without a doubt a read I definitely need to pick up within the next couple of months!



5. Jane Costello - 'The Wish List'



I read Jane Costello's 'The Love Shack' a few weeks ago and loved it from start to finish. I can't wait to check out another one of her novels, so plan on picking up 'The Wish List' this summer.



6. Miranda Dickinson - 'I'll Take New York'



I love saving Miranda Dickinson's novels for my summer holidays, because I know her books never ever disappoint. I can't wait to finally get started in 'I'll Take New York'!



7. Monica McInerney - 'Hello From the Gillespies'


I wasn't familiar with this author or the novel when I saw it lying in a book shop. I immediately loved the cover and the title and decided to buy it. It still sounds like a great read and I really hope I will be able to finally pick it up this summer!



8. Emily Liebert - 'Those Secrets We Keep'



Another author who is slowly turning into one of my personal favourites! I always want some definite fab reads to keep me company during my summer holidays and 'Those Secrets We Keep' is one of those reads!



9. Sophie Kinsella - 'Shopaholic' series



I really want to read the whole series in one go, one book after another, but I still haven't found the time. Hopefully this summer, fingers crossed!



10. John Green - 'The Fault in Our Stars'



Everyone seems to love this book, so I know I have to check it out as well. But somehow I still haven't picked it up; I guess I'm afraid it won't be able to live up to the hype..? Hopefully I will be able to share my opinion by the end of the summer!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so with you on Ali McNamara's latest, I don't know how I haven't read it yet! Midnight in Austenland is even better than Austenland, I can't wait to hear what you think of it. The Selection is definitely a polarizing book (and series) and whilst I had a lot of problems with it, I still had to read them. They're kinda like crack they're so addictive! But it's definitely a good summer read - light and fluffy with pretty dresses! I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got some great ideas for summer. I'm very curious about the first one and the last one is a must read.

    Here's what I plan to read this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my enjoy TFIOS its incredibly sweet even though it deals with a difficult topic. I want to read The Selection too! :-) Nice picks Jody! Hope you get to read some of these :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard decent reviews for The Selection, but terrible reviews for the fourth book in the series. Is it bad that I'm considering reading only the first three? And I'm glad to hear you liked Austenland! It's been on my TBR for ages.
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me Before You is SO good. I can't wait to see the movie. The Fault in Our Stars is great as well. I hope you enjoy all the books on your list! :) Also, your blog is super cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have been meaning to read the Shopaholic series and the Selection for a while now. Me Before You has definitely caught my eye! They all sound really interesting! Hope you enjoy them and Happy Reading :)

    Erica @ Read It. Note It.
    My Top Ten List!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only book on your list I've read is The Fault in Our Stars which is despised. I hope you like it though! Haha!

    Cayt @ Vicarious Caytastrophe

    ReplyDelete