Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

2 July 2015

The Inside & Out Book Tag!

I always get excited when I stumble upon new book tags that I haven't done yet, because I love book tags! I think they're always a lot of fun and a great way of sharing some more personal things with my lovely readers! Thanks to Vicky @ Books, Biscuits & Tea where I found this Inside & Out Book Tag; feel free to have a go at it yourself and make sure to leave a link to your own blog in the comments! :)


Inside flap / Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)
I don't exactly know why, but I personally always prefer to have at least a bit of information about a novel before I start reading. I love reading the short summaries on the back of the book, just to get a first feeling, to already slightly know what the book will be about, who will be the main character... However, sometimes these summaries can already give 60% of the story away, which is of course a waste. Yet, if I had to decide: summary or no summary on the back of the book, I'd have to go for the summary, just to get that first insight into the book before I start reading it.

New book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, or hardcover?
Definitely, without a doubt, paperback. I like e-books; it's handy to take a lot of them with you at the same time. However, I love having a book in my hands, being able to go through the book page by page, the smell of a new/old book... Nothing can beat that. I do want to try out an audio book sometime, though, because I've never actually listened to one and I'm curious to see whether I'll like it or not.


Scribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)
I keep my books clean clean clean, because I just like to have them clean without any scribbles or drawing in it. I actually never make notes while I'm reading. I just prefer to keep on reading, and afterwards I'll go through the book again, making some notes, if I feel like it. 

In your best voice, read for us your favourite first sentence from a book.
Okay, since this isn't a vlog you won't actually be able to hear my voice, but trust me, I'm using my very best voice to read this out to you all:

*clears throat*

“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”
Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice (1813)

Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you’re unsure of the author’s gender?
No, it doesn't really make a difference to me, I think. Even though I hardly ever read books by male authors. But I think this has more to do with my favourite genres than anything else (chick lit, women's fiction, romance). I don't think it will matter in a good book whether the author is male or female; a good book is a good book, no matter the gender of the author. Yet, people can also say they don't judge a book by its cover, but I think we often do. So maybe, subconsciously, I also go for female authors for a specific reason...? A good question to think about!


Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
I have to admit I have read ahead a few times in the past because I just really felt like I needed to know whether a specific character would make it, or whether the book would end the way I wanted it to end. However, I do try my very best to stop myself from reading ahead because it can ruin the reading experience.

Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?
I'd really like my bookshelves to be organized, but I'm afraid they might fall in the category 'outrageous bookshelves', just because I have too many books and not enough shelves. This means that I have to use all the space I've got to fit in all my books, which is quite a task, and one that results in a rather unorganized collection!

Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
YES, and I'm not afraid to admit it. If a book has a pretty cover, I want the book. Unless the story sounds absolutely awful. But a pretty cover definitely goes a long way.

Take it outside to read, or stay in?
Both have their own positive and negative sides. But if I have to pick, I'd have to go for staying in. On the couch when it's a bit cold outside, with a blanket, a nice cup of tea... Nothing beats that <3

No comments:

Post a Comment