Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

17 January 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: 10 Hidden Gem Books I've Read In The Past Year Or So

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
10 Hidden Gem Books I've Read In The Past Year Or So

It's Tuesday again which means it's time for a new Top Ten Tuesday list! I really like this week's topic, because it forced me to go back and look at all the novels I read last year. I decided to go with reads I haven't heard many bloggers or other people talk about, but which I really enjoyed. These are all reads I highly recommend to any chick lit fans out there, so be sure to pick up one or more of them if you're still looking for a good read!

Be sure to share your own TTT's in the comments section below; I'd love to hear from you! 



1. 'Smart Girl' - Rachel Hollis



This is the last book of Rachel Hollis' book series that started with 'Party Girl.' I fell in love with Rachel Hollis' writing style and the characters as soon as I read the first part of the series and this book is, sadly, the last part, but still a great novel. I have seen hardly any other bloggers talking about this series which still surprises me; it really is chick lit at its best!





2. 'The Stylist' - Rosie Nixon



I was asked to review this book for my blog sometime last year and it blew me away. I really loved it from start to finish and I don't think that many people have read it. Maybe I'm mistaken, but any way: definitely worth picking up!




3. 'Blogger Girl' - Meredith Schorr



Oh, I love that I was introduced to Meredith Schorr last year and I can't believe it took me SO long to finally check out her novels 'Blogger Girl' and 'Novelista Girl.' This is such good chick lit and I can't believe not every chick lit fan is raging about her?!




4. 'Who Needs Mr. Willoughby?' - Katie Oliver



I finally managed to pick up some of Katie Oliver's writing last year and there's one thing Katie and I have in common: a love for Jane Austen. Katie has written some great Austen adaptations, this being one of them, and I can recommend them to any chick lit and/or Austen fan.




5. 'Gunner Girls and Fighter Boys' - Mary Gibson



I love a good historical fiction or war time novel every now and again and Mary Gibson's 'Gunner Girls and Fighter Boys' really surprised me. It was quite a long read, but one that held my attention at all time and I really enjoyed it a lot more than I originally expected.




6. 'The Seasoning' - Manon Steffan Ros



Hanno Press is a Welsh publisher and they manage to blow me away with the review books they send my way. In 2016 I got the chance to read and review 'The Seasoning' and this was SUCH a good read. I haven't seen anything about it on Twitter or the internet, which surprises me, because this is really fantastic writing.




7. 'The Beekeeper's Secret' - Josephine Moon



I've read all of author Josephine Moon's novels so far and really enjoyed all of them. Somehow I don't think I saw as much talk and promotion about her latest release 'The Beekeeper's Secret' while it really is quite an amazing read.




8. 'Out of Practice' - Phoebe Fox



Phoebe Fox is a fabulous author and I loved her Break Up Doctor series which finished last year with the final part, 'Out of Practice.' This is another series I can highly recommend to any chick lit fan and feel hasn't reached enough readers yet.




9. 'When Only Cupcakes Will Do' - Daisy James



Daisy James is one of the chick lit voices of the future, I think. Her novel 'When Only Cupcakes Will Do' was a lovely read and I really think she's going to bring us some brilliant novels in the upcoming years.




10. 'The Girls from See Saw Lane' - Sandy Taylor



Another great historical fiction novel, a really great one, which I haven't seen too many people talk about. I really hope I will be able to pick up more of Sandy Taylor's work in the upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment