Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

18 April 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Things That Will Make Me Instantly Want to Read a Book

Oh, this week's Top Ten Tuesday list is a fun one! I'm definitely a reader that is easily influenced by book covers or particular topics or authors... If a book has a specific something I love, then it's almost 99% sure I will want to pick it up. This week's list focuses on just that; those things that immediately make me want to pick up a book, so here we go!

Be sure to share your own Top Ten Tuesday lists by leaving a comment in the comments section below! :)



1. A certain author's name on the front


There are some authors whose work I've fallen in love with over the years (such as Cecelia Ahern) and whenever I see their name on the front of a book, I don't need to read the blurb or even like the cover... It's a definite must-read.



2. Anything related to Jane Austen


I will literally pick up anything that has to do with Jane Austen. I've even read the zombie novels and I hate zombies. 



3. Anything referring to chick flicks/rom coms


I'm a big fan of romantic comedy films, also known as chick flicks, and I love books that somehow refer to any of these films, such as Ali McNamara's amazing 'From Notting Hill with Love... Actually.'



4. A gorgeous book cover


As mentioned many times before, I'm a sucker for a lovely book cover, it really is enough for me to want to pick up a book...!



5. Anything having to do with princesses, castles, fairy tales...


I love fairy tales, and any books about princesses or castles... You can count me in.



6. Recommendations by my favourite authors

Whenever a book has a quote from one of my favourite authors on the front, recommending to read it, I am definitely more willing to give it a chance than if I hadn't seen the quote.... Another publisher trick I have to admit really does work on me!



7. Retellings of my favourite classic novels


I have a few favourite classic novels, such as Louisa May Alcott's 'Little Women', and I love reading adaptations of these famous stories, discovering what other authors decided to do with these tales.



8. The promise of a good love story


I love love love a good love story; a good dose of romance and you can count me in.



9. Books written by celebrities I like


I'm always willing to check out a novel if it was written by a celebrity I personally really like, such as when actress Lauren Graham wrote her book 'Someday, Someday, Maybe.'



10. Books set in Wales/London

I'm also a bit of a sucker for setting; whenever a novel is set in London, or in Wales, I'm more likely to pick it up because of my love for the location.

No comments:

Post a Comment