Page Links

Home      About      Reviews      Contact     

25 April 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want To Read A Book

'Top Ten Tuesday' is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I love making lists, so this feature fits me perfectly! If you also take part in this feature or have any additions to my lists, please get in touch; I'd love to hear from you!
 
 
Top 10 Things That Will Make Me Instantly NOT Want to Read a Book

I love it when Top Ten Tuesday lists match each other, and last week's list is the complete opposite of this one. Last week we looked at things that make me want to straight away pick up a particular book, while this week we're going the other way by looking at things that make me want to NOT read a book. Slightly more difficult than last week's list, I have to admit, but still not too tricky to get to a list of 10 things...!

Be sure to share your own Top Ten Tuesday lists by leaving a comment in the comments section below! :)



1. Unhappy endings


I didn't just randomly pick the name of my blog; I really love a happy ending, so much that I actually can't really enjoy an unhappy ending. There is already more than enough misery in the world, why would I want to read a book or see a film that only makes me feel even more of that misery...?



2. Poetry

Yeah. Poetry just really isn't for me. I didn't enjoy it at university, and still just can't see the fun of it. If anyone is willing to convince me otherwise, please go ahead!



3. Aliens/Space

No. Just no.



4. Serial killers

Another big no. I really do not understand why people want to read something that focuses on someone killing lots of other people... Why? Seriously: why?



5. Glorifying partying/drinking/drugs

I really can't deal with novels that somehow want to show how incredibly 'cool' it is to party hard/drink too much/use drugs.



6. Zombies

Why are people so fascinated with zombies? Vampires I can still kind of understand somewhere, but zombies...?!



7. Cheating


Also can't deal with cheating being turned into something acceptable. There are a few rare novels out there who managed to tackle the topic in an interesting way, but for the majority it's a no from me.



8. Anything having to do with spiders

Oh my, just thinking of spiders makes me shiver. I definitely couldn't deal with reading a novel about spiders or spiders on the cover... *brrr*



9. Overkill of religion

I'm an atheist and don't feel comfortable reading novels with an overkill of religion in them. 



10. Epic battles 

I've never understood the attraction of epic battles. Especially in novels. What's fun about reading about a lot of people getting into fights and killing each other...?

No comments:

Post a Comment